Get a metronidazole (Flagyl) prescription online.
Are you looking to get metronidazole (Flagyl) online and don’t want to see your doctor in person? You can get your medication prescribed online in minutes and delivered straight to your door. Please note that medications are prescribed at the doctor's discretion.
How to get metronidazole (Flagyl) online in Canada with Maple.
Proudly featured in:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is metronidazole (Flagyl) and how does it work?
Metronidazole (Flagyl) is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial and parasitic infections. It works by preventing the growth of certain bacteria and parasites.
It’s also used in combination with other medications to treat certain stomach or intestinal ulcers.
What are the uses of metronidazole (Flagyl)?
There’s many reasons for a metronidazole prescription, though usually it involves treating an infection. Metronidazole (Flagyl) can be used to treat infections of the skin, vagina, stomach & intestines, joints and respiratory tract. Common conditions requiring Flagyl include bacterial vaginosis, trichomonas, and diverticulitis.
If you’re thinking about taking Flagyl, it’s important for you to know it can’t treat a vaginal yeast infection.
How do you use metronidazole (Flagyl)?
Metronidazole (Flagyl) can be administered in one of four methods:
- Orally: taken by mouth, usually in the form of an oral suspension (liquid)
- Intravenously: injected directly into the bloodstream via an IV
- Topically: applied directly onto an infected area in the form of a cream or lotion
- Vaginally: applied directly to the vagina, usually in the form of a cream.
Usually, Flagyl prescriptions are given in the oral (liquid) form.
A metronidazole prescription usually continues for 7 to 10 days. You should always take metronidazole with food or milk to prevent stomach irritation. It’s also very important that you take the medication until your prescription is complete, even if you start feeling better.
Always talk to a doctor before you take metronidazole to make sure you’re taking the correct dosage.
What are the side effects and risks of metronidazole (Flagyl)?
Common side effects include:
- Back pain or eye pain
- Numbness, burning sensations or tingling in hands and feet
- Depression or irritability
- Dizziness or lack of coordination
- Nausea or indigestion
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Skin rash/hives
- Nasal congestion or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Trouble speaking or slurred speech
If you begin showing signs of any of these side effects, notify your doctor to make sure it’s safe to continue taking your Flagyl prescription.
Who should not take metronidazole (Flagyl)?
Before you consider getting a metronidazole prescription online, be sure to talk to your doctor if you have ever had:
- Nervous system diseases or a nerve disorder
- A fungal infection anywhere in your body
- A blood cell disorder (such as anemia or low white blood cell counts)
- Liver or kidney disease
- A stomach or intestinal disease (i.e. Crohn’s Disease)
- Cockayne Syndrome
These pre-existing conditions could affect how metronidazole will function and how likely you are to have adverse side effects.
You shouldn’t consume alcohol or food products containing propylene glycol while taking flagyl, or for 72 hours after finishing your final dose, because it can increase your risk of having unpleasant side effects.
If you have any questions about the medication, you can speak to a doctor on Maple by registering for an account.