Get a topiramate (Topamax) prescription online.
Are you looking to get topiramate (Topamax) online and don’t want to see your doctor in person? You can get your medication prescribed online in minutes and delivered straight to your door. Please note that medications are prescribed at the doctor's discretion.
How to get topiramate (Topamax) online in Canada with Maple.
Proudly featured in:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is topiramate (Topamax) and how does it work?
Topiramate is a medication in the anticonvulsant and antiepileptic families of drugs.
A Topamax prescription works in a few different ways, mainly to prevent seizure either by decreasing excitation (lessening seizure triggers) or enhancing inhibition (raising natural defences against seizures) in patients.
What are the uses for topiramate (Topamax)?
A topiramate prescription can be used alone or in combination with other medications to reduce or prevent seizures caused by disorders such as epilepsy
You could also be given a Topamax prescription online to help prevent or reduce the number of migraine attacks in adults or children over the age of 12.
NOTE: Topamax won’t help a migraine attack which has already begun. It only works as a preventative measure.
How do you use topiramate (Topamax)?
Topamax is available as a tablet, a capsule or an extended release capsule. These are all taken orally.
Dosage and frequency of use will depend on your needs and your doctor’s recommendation. Never exceed your prescribed dosage, as it could lead to an overdose or increase your risks of negative side effects.
What are the side effects and risks of topiramate (Topamax)?
Common side effects while taking a Topamax prescription include:
- Clumsiness or unsteadiness
- Vision issues (including eye pain, blurred vision, double vision or red eye)
- Pressure behind eyes
- Continuous, uncontrolled eye movements
- Menstrual pain
- Menstrual changes
- Tingling, burning or prickling sensations
- Speech or language problems
- Trouble concentrating
- Slowed mental or physical activity
- Fatigue or weakness
As well, some less common side effects include:
- Fever or chills
- Weight loss
- Sore throat
- Stomach or abdominal pain
- Irritated or bleeding gums
- Loss of appetite
- Lowered senses or perception
- Mood changes (aggression, apathy, depression, irritability or agitation)
Immediately consult your doctor if you start to experience:
- Overwhelming fatigue or tiredness
- Faintness or severe light-headedness
- Unexplained severe sleepiness, dullness,
- weakness or sluggishness
- Decreased responsiveness or awareness
These symptoms could be a sign that you’re experiencing an overdose and may need immediate medical attention.
Who should not take topiramate (Topamax)?
You shouldn’t start a topiramate prescription if you’re currently experiencing diarrhea.
Before you accept your Topamax prescription, talk to your doctor if you’ve ever had:
- Eye problems (including glaucoma)
- Lung disease or breathing problems
- Kidney disease
- Kidney stones or dialysis
- Metabolic acidosis (high levels of acid in your blood)
- Liver disease
- Mood problems (depression, suicidal thoughts or actions)
- A growth disorder
- Osteoporosis or osteomalacia (soft or brittle bones)
Topiramate has been known to cause kidney stones or weaken your bones. It’s also been shown to possibly cause growth problems in young children or unborn babies. Make sure to assess the risks with your doctor before starting this medication
As well, topiramate is known to cause suicidal thoughts in some patients. Make sure to check in with your doctor at regular intervals to make sure the medication isn’t affecting your mental state.
Topiramate interacts with a number of medications. When getting a prescription, let your doctor know all medications you take, even if they are over the counter.
If you have any questions about the medication, you can speak to a doctor on Maple by registering for an account.