Get a sumatriptan (Imitrex) prescription online.
Are you looking to get sumatriptan (Imitrex) online and don’t want to see your doctor in person? You can get your medication prescribed online in minutes and delivered straight to your door. Please note that medications are prescribed at the doctor's discretion.
How to get sumatriptan (Imitrex) online in Canada with Maple.
Proudly featured in:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is sumatriptan (Imitrex) and how does it work?
Sumatriptan is a drug belonging to the triptan family of medications.
An Imitrex prescription works by affecting the levels of serotonin created by your brain. This prevents serotonin from narrowing the blood vessels in your brain and causing migraine headaches.
What are the uses for sumatriptan (Imitrex)?
Usually, Imitrex is used to treat acute migraine headaches after they’ve started.
Additionally, a sumatriptan prescription can be used to minimize or remove symptoms of migraine headaches such as:
- Sensitivity to light
NOTE: Imitrex can’t be used as a preventative measure against migraine headaches or to treat cluster headaches.
How do you use sumatriptan (Imitrex)?
If you’ve been given a sumatriptan prescription online, it’ll be as a tablet to be taken orally, or as a nasal spray or powder, to be inhaled through the nose.
Occasionally, sumatriptan can be given as an injection. However, this would be administered by a licensed healthcare professional at a registered healthcare facility. It wouldn’t be prescribed for home use in this form. These injections shouldn’t be given to anyone under the age of 18.
What are the side effects and risks of sumatriptan (Imitrex)?
Before you accept an Imitrex prescription online, you should be aware of possible side effects, which include:
- Joint pain
- Cramping or stiffness
- Swollen joints
- Difficulty sleeping
- Changes in hearing or vision
- Itching, burning or ‘pins & needles’
- Increased light sensitivity
As well, talk to a doctor immediately if you begin to experience any of the following symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Abdominal or chest pain
- Tightness in chest
- Irregular, fast or slow heartbeat
- Jaw, neck or throat pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of fingers, hands, feet or lower legs
- Change of color or extreme coldness of skin on toes and feet
These symptoms could mean you are having a negative reaction to sumatriptan, and you should speak to your doctor before continuing your Imitrex prescription.
Who should not take sumatriptan (Imitrex)?
Even if you’ve been given a Imitrex prescription online, be sure to tell your doctor if you’ve ever experienced any of the following:
- Cerebrovascular disease (stroke, transient ischemic attacks)
- Liver disease
- Heart of blood vessel problems
- Heart attack
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Epilepsy or seizures
- Peripheral vascular disease (clogged arteries)
- Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
- Basilar migraine (migraine involving hearing or vision problems)
- Stomach or intestinal bleeding
- Angina (severe chest pain)
- Hemiplegic migraine (migraine with paralysis)
- Hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol in the blood)
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome (heart rhythm problems)
- Raynaud’s syndrome (artery spasms causing episodes of reduced blood flow)
- Coronary artery disease (narrowing or blockages in the coronary arteries)
- Ischemic bowel disease (low blood supply in the bowels)
It’s unknown whether a sumatriptan can hurt an unborn baby, but it has been shown that sumatriptan will pass through breast milk. Do not breastfeed a baby within 12 hours of taking your sumatriptan prescription.
If you have any questions about the medication, you can speak to a doctor on Maple by registering for an account.